AVAILABLE JOB OPPORTUNITIES
Job Title: Partnership Officer
Job Location: Nairobi
Application Deadline: 20th Nov 2023
Start Date: Immediate
Womankind Kenya (WOKIKE) is a Non-Governmental Organization that was established in the year 1989 as women welfare group/association, and later registered under the NGO co-ordination ACT of 1990 in September 1995 as Womankind Kenya (WOKIKE). The organization particularly targets women and children, the most vulnerable members of the society.
Womankind Kenya is founded on the vision of a just society that is self-reliant and its mission is to improve the living standards of the vulnerable communities by supporting members of the society especially women and children to demand for their rights from service providers and equally have control over their own lives. WOKIKE Works in Northern Kenya and parts of Coastal Region with its office in Garissa (Head Quarter) and other offices in Nairobi and Kwale counties.
WOKIKE focuses in the following thematic areas; women empowerment and just governance, climate change resilience and livelihood, child protection and education, peace building and conflict transformation, emergency response and humanitarian aid
- Research and identify funding opportunities.
- Prepare, Develop and present resource mobilization proposals to targeted donors and partners.
- Support the solicited/competitive fundraising aspects of Resource Mobilization– including funding opportunities, and support for proposal development, writing past project references, compiling and providing institutional information, etc.
- Identify and support opportunities to pilot innovative approaches that could be scaled up.
- Provide guidance and support to Management on resource development matters and functioning to effectively raise resources for priorities identified by the management.
- Serve as the Womankind Kenya liaison with Stakeholders on resource mobilization matters.
- Provide guidance to Management for tasks related to event implementation e.g. Marking of Calendar Days to support visibility and advocacy as fundraising tool.
- Prepare and keep under review Resource Mobilization and partnership plans in cooperation with relevant stakeholders (objectives, budget, outcomes, monitoring, evaluation)
- As this position sits within the Resource Mobilization and Communications unit, other responsibilities and tasks related to communications, outreach and external affairs may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Development studies, communications, international relations or other relevant field.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a resource mobilization role in Community Development setting with demonstrated success in all aspects of resource mobilization (targeting, proposal writing, negotiation, reporting).
- Experience working Non-governmental organizations
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Kiswahili.
- Ability to work independently and deliver quality products within agreed deadlines. Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to prepare high quality written communications (correspondence, briefs, proposals, reports, etc.);
- A strong aptitude and ability to communicate both informally and formally. Well-developed presentation, interpersonal and networking skills;
- Experience working in a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment.
- Awareness and understanding of cultural diversity and gender issues.
NOTE: Womankind Kenya is guided by Code of Conduct, Safeguarding and Child protection Policy. These policies are integral part of our employment contract and applies to all staff working for or representing Womankind Kenya. We recognize that our work often puts staff in positions of power in relation to both colleagues and the people we serve. Staff have an obligation not to abuse this power.
The Code of Conduct, Safeguarding and Child protection Policy is intended to serve as a guide for all staff in how to uphold the ethical foundation of the organization’s views and actions. It also aims to help staff to ensure that we protect the communities we work with and that our work does not put the people of concern at greater risk
How to Apply:
Applicants are requested to send their Education Certificate and Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20th November 2023, 5 pm EAT.