A just society that is self-reliant.
WOKIKE exists to improve the living standards of the pastoralist’s communities by supporting the most vulnerable members of the society, especially women and children, to demand for their rights from service providers and at the same time take responsibility for the control of their lives.
The following are values of WOKIKE:
- Transparency and accountability.
- Equity and equality.
- Respect for human rights.
- Solidarity with the poor and marginalized.
The strategic priorities of Wokike are:
- Promotion and protection of the rights of women and children which include education, food, water, health services among others.
- Greater participation of women in decision making in the government structures.
- Lobbying and advocacy at all levels to redress issues arising out of historical injustices and neglect of the region.
- Rapid response to emerging natural and man-made catastrophes in the area.
- Strengthened organizational capacity in terms of policies, systems, knowledge and skills.